After XVI, after Truth, Nina arrives in the Greater United Isles... (This is the fictional diary of Nina Oberon, Main Character of the XVI series)

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Look at that...

my drool smeared the ink. I only laid my head down for a second and now it's morning. Layla's puttering around in the kitchen. I know because the smell of toast and coffee's curling up the staircase and into my room. I should go down and join her for breakfast. Dad's been up north for a few days and I know she misses him. I guess I do, too.
They've both been so nice to me...

But, how do you relate to a dad when you don't know what that looks like? Or feels like? I have no frame of reference, no comparison - except maybe Wei and Mr. Jenkins, cause it's for sure that Sandy and her step-dad... well, yuck. But Wei's dad was always around... mine was supposed to be dead...

I hear Layla coming up the stairs. I know she won't knock, she'll stop outside the door - probably think about knocking - then she'll sigh. She doesn't know I can hear her. Do I make her sad? Does she wish I wasn't here? I don't have the nerve to ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment